A. How To Keep Eyelashes Curled From Day To Night
When it comes to daily beauty routine, most people can expect the following: foundation, contour, blush, brows, eyeshadow, and lashes. This has been the case since the dawn of beauty history. But the world of eyelash care, maintenance and appearance has exploded in recent years. In addition to continuing to search for the perfect mascara, makeup lovers have also invested in artificial lashes, eyelash extensions, coloring and lengthening treatments. It goes without saying that eyelashes are important. But whether you’re applying a Maybelline “Blackest Black,” going for the wrong ones, or going all natural, one thought remains for anyone who’s rocking a boosted lash, and it’s like wearing your lashes all day, every day night ripple.
In short, there are a few tips to help you curl your lashes and look fabulous:
- The dryer method
- Mechanical curlers
- Heated curlers
- Whip comb
- Regular care and maintenance
As someone who works in the beauty industry, I know how hard people try to get the perfect, luscious, curled lashes. I also know how to keep these beauties in place. Trial and error, along with training and professional research, have taught me a few tricks that I’ll share with you.
1. Why aren’t my eyelashes curled?
For most people, the reason their lashes don’t curl long is because they’re not using the right techniques. Using the wrong technique when curling your lashes would be like getting the perfect hairstyle for your wedding day but not holding the hairstyle in place with hairspray.
Some other mistakes that many people make when trying to curl their eyelashes are:
- Do not use waterproof mascara
- If you don’t wipe excess mascara off your applicator wand
- Do not use high quality heated eyelash curlers
The latter is important, so we’ll go into more detail on that below. Keep in mind that you can also have naturally straight lashes, which can make them harder to keep curled—just like those with naturally straight hair.
2. Tricks to keep lashes curled
That’s the real reason you came here today: to get some answers on how to keep your lashes curled overnight. Read on for three amazing hacks that actually work.
3. Use a hair dryer + mechanical curling iron
I bet you never thought of using a hair dryer as a tool to shape your lashes. But it turns out that this trick really works wonders! There are two ways to approach the blow dry method. One is to use the blow dryer directly on the lashes and use the combination of compressed air and heat to physically push them up.
The second method is safer and arguably more effective. Use the blow dryer to heat up a mechanical eyelash curler. Because these traditional rollers are made of metal, they retain heat well. Grab your blow dryer and blow it straight into your mechanical curler for just a few seconds. Your curling iron doesn’t need to be hot, just warm. Leaving the curler too hot can be extremely dangerous for the delicate skin around your eyes. Rule of thumb: If it’s too hot for your fingers, it’s too hot for your lashes. After heating the curlers, curl your lashes as usual and finish with your favorite mascara (waterproof works best!).
4. Use waterproof mascara before regular mascara
Speaking of waterproof mascara, applying a waterproof coat before your regular mascara can help curled lashes stay in place. After curling your lashes, apply a waterproof version of your favorite mascara—or any waterproof mascara will do. Cover this layer with your favorite mascara. The waterproof layer fixes this curved shape for a lash look that lasts day and night.
5. Use a whip comb
We’ve all been in the same situation where you applied your mascara and decided to add that extra layer for added length and fullness, but you just can’t seem to get it right. All that mascara is building up, but you still have to work on that curl.
a. What can a girl do
If you have applied mascara and want extra effect, do not apply more mascara; Use a whip comb instead. Eyelash combs are exactly what they sound like: small combs that you use to style your eyelashes. Not only can your lash comb help you curl your lashes into a nice curve, but it can also help you separate lashes that got stuck while applying mascara. Keep your lash comb nice and clean and it will become your best friend for everyday styling. If you’re in a hurry, you can always use an eyelash comb for a clean spoolie. (Available for free at any self-respecting makeup counter.)
6. Use a heated eyelash curler
Whenever we comb our hair, we reach for heated tools. There? Because heat temporarily changes the texture of each strand of hair, giving it the shape you want—whether curly or straight. Since our eyelashes are also made up of hair, it makes sense that applying heat would have a similar effect.
7. More false eyelash tips
The three tricks above are my top picks for best eyelash curling results, but there are many other tips you can consider to improve your routine and get better results.
a. Take care of your eyelashes + tools
Just like your skin, hair and nails, your lashes will always look their best when properly cared for. The techniques and products you use on your lashes are just as important as their daily care and maintenance. First of all, the golden rule of eyelash care is to always remove your makeup before you go to bed. Leaving mascara on overnight not only looks bad, but it can also make your lashes dry and brittle — and ultimately, more likely to curl.
If you use eyelash extensions, I recommend taking it a step further and cleaning with a specially formulated eyelash extension cleanser. The same goes for your eyelash tools — and all of your beauty tools. Hygiene is super important. Everything about your tools comes in contact with your skin, your hair, your eyes and your body and can have harmful effects.
b. Use your eyelash curler gently
We’ve all heard horror stories of people slipping and tugging on almost every lash when using an eyelash curler. As long as you use your eyelash curler properly, there’s no reason to fear this tool – which admittedly can resemble a medieval torture device for those unfamiliar with its use. Always try to position the curlers at the root of the lashes and not on the skin of the eyelids. Be sure to completely let go of the curler before removing it from your eye. Remember, you don’t have to push as hard as you can to get results. a firm push will do the trick.
c. Wrap close to the roots
The closer you curl to the roots, the greater the curvature. Think about it: when you curl the tips of your lashes, you only see a very short length of your lashes pointing up. Curling close to the base allows almost the entire length of the lashes to be pushed up and away from the base, giving you a much fuller look. Just be careful when approaching the bottom of the roots as there is little room for error. Pinching the eyelid is no fun.
d. Do not curl after applying mascara
One of the biggest mistakes people make when curling their lashes is waiting until they’ve applied mascara to do it. You don’t frizz your hair after applying hairspray, so why would you do the same with mascara? Always curl your lashes first, then apply mascara. Your mascara will help you maintain the shape you’ve already created with the curler.
8. Important points to keep eyelashes curled
Despite the growing popularity of false lashes and professional lash salons, there will always be those of us who choose to maintain our beauty routine at home. There’s nothing wrong with either option, but the latter may need additional tips and tricks. Remember to use waterproof mascara for better hold, apply heat to your lashes, and use tools like combs and hair dryers (careful!).
B. How To Keep Eyelashes Curled: 6 Tips For Curling Lashes
Curled eyelashes can make your eye makeup look bolder. To keep your lashes curled and lifted throughout the day, apply your makeup in the right order and master some techniques to curl your lashes to perfection.
1. How to curl eyelashes
Use this step-by-step guide to curl your lashes with an eyelash curler.
- Gently press the curlers onto your eyelashes. Place the eyelash curler over the base of the upper lashes and press down. Keep it closed and gently pulse a few times with additional pressure for five to ten seconds.
- Move the modeler forward. Gently pulsing the curlers along the length of the lashes can help create a more dramatic curve. Move the curlers forward a little, gently pulsing and moving them back to the lash line for a final application of pressure.
- Apply your mascara. After using an eyelash curler, you can apply mascara to set your curls. This also thickens your lashes, creating a dramatic look that frames your eyes. You can use an eyelash comb to remove clumps.
- Clean your eyelash curler. After each use, you should clean the rubber pads with an alcohol solution to prevent a build-up of bacteria that can cause eye infections.
There are different types of eyelash curlers for different eye shapes. The most effective eyelash curler for you suits your eye shape. For example, if your eyes are round, choose a rounded eyelash curler; If you have almond-shaped eyes, choose a less curved eyelash curler.
2. 6 tips to keep your lashes curled
Follow these tips for ideally long lashes and an all-day lash lift:
- Bend your eyelashes before applying mascara. Your lashes should be the final part of your eye makeup process. Apply eyeshadow and eyeliner, curl eyelashes and apply mascara.
- Use waterproof mascara. Compared to regular mascara, waterproof mascara is more durable and long-lasting.
- Warm up your eyelash curler. Use a heated eyelash curler or dip your mechanical eyelash curler in a cup of hot water or blow dry with a blow dryer. Heat can increase the effectiveness of curling. Make sure you test it by hand to make sure you haven’t added too much heat that could damage your delicate lashes. Use the heated mechanical eyelash curler before applying mascara.
- Apply eyelash extensions. To create a more dramatic makeup, you can apply eyelash extensions or false eyelashes. When curling, make sure to curl your natural lashes near the base of the lash line.
- Use petroleum jelly. Before curling your lashes, apply some petroleum jelly to your bare, straight lashes to moisturize them. Vaseline will help your lashes curl longer.
- Approach the lash line. To avoid unsightly curling of your lashes, make sure to start as close to the base of your lash line as possible, which will help create a more even curl.