A. Silly Paint Smash Monster Puppets
Building on children’s books is a great way to bring young children’s books to life. National Book Lover’s Day is on August 9th. So celebrate with a visit to the local library, then have fun creating book-inspired crafts at home.
1. How to Make Ink Breaking Monster Puppets
The best thing about this ship is that it’s almost impossible to build even a monster. The overwhelming painting process will captivate and entertain children for hours. Children will love making dozens of stain variations with different colors and amounts of paint. This activity is also a great opportunity for children to learn their colors and immerse themselves a little in color mixing.
a. Supplies Needed for these Paint Smash Monster Puppets
- White cardboard
- Construction paper
- Jumbo self-adhesive craft sticks
- Wide eyes
b. Instructions for this doll monster
1. Start by folding the white cardboard in half to make a crease in the center of the paper, then open the paper again.
2. Add color to the center of the paper. Be as creative as you like with the amount of colors used and the different designs you create with your paint. You can make swirls, straight lines, squiggly lines or dots. After adding the color, fold the cardboard in half again and squeeze the color between the two halves of the paper to create your silly, colorful monster face. Rub the paper away from the fold with your fingers to evenly distribute the color on the paper.
3. When you are finished crushing and rubbing the ink, open the paper to see the colored stain that has been created. Allow the ink to dry completely.
4. When the paint is dry, cut out the monster’s face and glue it to the giant glue stick. If you can’t find a sticky craft stick, just glue your monster face to a regular craft stick.
5. Cut several different pieces of construction paper to create limbs and hair for your monster doll. Stick them on your doll. Add extra personality to your monster figure by folding and folding the construction paper pieces to add extra texture. You can add curls to your hair by winding the pieces around a pencil or adding accordion pleats to your arms and legs.
6. Finish your monster puppet creation by pasting 1, 2, 5, 10 or as many googly eyes as you want your monster to have. Then add a cute smile with your black marker.
2. Now that your monster puppet creation is done, it’s time to play!
Use your dolls to create a special puppet show for Mom, Dad or friends in the classroom. Have fun re-enacting one of your favorite monster books or create your own story.