A. Laser VS. Waxing: Which Hair Removal Method Is Right For You?
There are many ways to remove unwanted hair and each method is different. But which is the most effective? Which is the easiest? Which is the least painful?
Today we are comparing two of the most popular hair removal methods:
1. Waxing and laser hair removal.
Both are highly effective hair removal methods, but the process, the level of pain and the results vary widely. Read on to see our complete laser and wax comparison to determine which hair removal method is right for you.
2. How does hair removal work?
Growing your hair is very easy. With a little hot wax, an applicator and a strip of cloth, you can remove hair from any part of your body in seconds. With an applicator, the wax is applied to the skin in the direction of hair growth. Then, a strip of fabric like muslin is applied to it and straightened in the same direction as the hair growth. The last step is to pull the muslin strip from the skin in the opposite direction to the hair growth.
With the right technique, epilation pulls the hair out of the follicle. The result is smooth skin with no visible hair on the surface. However, the follicle remains intact in the dermis layer of the skin. As a result of hair removal, the skin usually remains smooth for several weeks. At this point, you will need to redo the wax in the same area to remove new strands of hair.
3. How does laser hair removal work?
Compared to waxing, laser hair removal treatment is a little more complex. A powerful laser is used that attacks the hair root and destroys the follicle so that the hair does not grow back.
The process usually begins with anesthesia and cooling of the skin. A laser technician then applies the laser to the skin in the area designated for epilation. Various treatments are necessary, regardless of the body area, but the results can take months or even years. Some people need quick touch-ups from time to time.
4. The pros and cons of growing up
Each hair removal method has advantages and disadvantages. It is important to weigh this carefully before deciding whether waxing is the right method for you:
- For a single session, waxing is much cheaper than laser hair removal. However, if you receive regular wax treatments for years, it can cost even more than laser treatment.
- Wax is effective for all hair types, skin types and skin tones. Regardless of the color or texture of your skin or hair, wax is a great option for those who may not be good candidates for laser removal.
- Another benefit of cultivation is that it can be done at home. However, it is always better to have a professional do this for you (and it can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars over time).
- It can be particularly painful in sensitive areas of the body, such as ears, bikini line and armpits.
- Wax can also cause ingrown hairs. It does not destroy the hair follicle; it simply pulls the hair out of the follicle. The hair grows back and can then be ingrown.
- If you want smooth, hairless skin all the time, waxing is not the best option.
Because you need at least an inch of hair growth for the wax to have something to hold on to. You will have to endure some stubble here and there, as it will need some growth between the waxes. Waxing can be time consuming. For best results, you need to wax the same area every few weeks. It can also cause damage to the skin, especially to sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, you should never apply wax to any area of the face, including the eyebrows or upper lip.
5. The pros and cons of laser hair removal
Laser hair removal has its own advantages and disadvantages, although for most people the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Laser hair removal is the best hair removal method if you want long-term results. Some people see permanent results, while most like results that last for months or years.
- If you want to save time, laser hair removal is the way to go. Meetings are quick and easy. Even if you have a large area of your body treated, you will only be under the laser for a few minutes at a time.
- Laser hair removal is safe and does not cause long-term damage to the skin. Even people with sensitive skin can use this method, as long as it is performed by a licensed and certified laser technician.
- The biggest benefit of all is that you can perform laser hair removal on any part of the body. It is impossible to shave the back or the entire bikini area on your own.
- If you’re in pain, laser hair removal doesn’t hurt as much as waxing. Most people say that the laser pulse is similar to a rubber band that snaps against the skin.
- Laser hair removal can be done by almost anyone, but it is most effective on people with fair skin and dark hair. If you have dark skin or light hair, contact a certified laser technician.
- Laser hair removal is much more expensive than a single epilation session. However, as a long-term hair removal method, it can become more economical over time.
- In addition, many laser clinics offer payment plans and financing options to make payments more manageable.
- Laser hair removal is a process. For the laser to completely destroy the hair follicle, your hair must be at a certain stage of growth. Because of this, several treatments are needed. You will not see the instant results of epilation, but the results will last longer.
6. Why laser hair removal is better than waxing
When it comes to removing unwanted hair, laser treatment is the best method. It is a long-term solution that is much less painful than shaving.
If you have a tendency to ingrown hairs, this is the only method you should choose, as it will completely destroy the hair follicle. Once the follicle is destroyed, you will never have to worry about those irritating and painful ingrown hairs again.
B. Laser Hair Removal Or Waxing. Which Is Best For You?
Waxing has always been popular. And you can see why – it’s quick, easy and cheap. Still, it has its disadvantages with hair growth, a potential problem and, of course, the “ouch” factor. Our latest laser hair removal technology offers a simple alternative to traditional hair removal and is one of the most popular treatments we offer at Eden Skin Clinic.
Always remember that we would be happy to make an appointment with one of our experienced professionals. We will discuss your concerns, assess your needs and advise you on the best way to remove unwanted hair. We offer special hair removal treatments for men and women.
1. Laser hair removal
a. How does IPL hair removal work?
Laser hair removal penetrates the skin to reach the hair shaft and destroy the follicle. Your unwanted hair will be removed permanently.
IPL hair removal is one of those treatments that all customers would like to do years ago. It usually takes only 6 to 8 sessions and the result is a permanent reduction of unwanted hair. Laser removal does not damage the dermis, so people with sensitive skin can also be treated.
b. Is laser hair removal uncomfortable or painful?
Customers say they feel a touch of warmth with a feeling of warmth on their skin. It has been described as a “crack” in the skin. However, this feeling disappears if we apply soothing aloe vera immediately afterwards.
At the Eden Skin Clinic, we do not recommend the use of an anesthetizing cream before treatment, as this can cause vasodilation and obscure the skin’s response to treatment.
c. Is laser hair removal suitable for everyone?
You may have read that laser hair removal is best for people with dark hair and light skin, and that it is not as effective for people with dark skin or light hair. Although this is the case with some devices, at our clinic in Kensington, London, we have specifically invested in the latest generation IPL Ellipse IPL technology so that we can treat all skin types. The IPL ellipse is the NHS’s system of choice.
d. Follow-up treatment for rapid hair removal
I always emphasize the importance of exfoliating 4-5 days after each IPL session to encourage unwanted hair loss. You will find that the hair gets thinner and thinner as the treatment progresses.
e. Professional tips for effective laser hair removal
- IPL treatment can affect the melanin in your body. Therefore, we recommend not having a laser hair removal session 30 days before and 30 days after a vacation in sunny areas. The beginning of winter is the ideal time to start laser hair removal treatment.
- Always inform your IPL doctor if your medications change, as some medications can make your skin sensitive to light.
- You should shave (instead of wax) between laser hair removal sessions. Because? Because any pullout of the root during growth can stimulate blood flow and hinder the course of treatment with IPL.
- We will always discuss your treatment proposal in depth at our initial consultation and perform a patch test, as your safety and well-being are of the utmost importance. We also recommend that you use aloe vera to soothe and moisturize your skin after treatment.
While the initial cost of laser hair removal may seem expensive, it is a worthwhile investment when you compare it to the cost (and discomfort) of a lifetime waxing session.
2. Hair removal: waxing
Waxing is quick and easy and removes all unwanted hair in one session. The result is a smooth and silky finish. However, the hair usually grows back in three weeks and it will take a while to grow back the next time.
a. How does waxing work?
The hair follicle is pulled from its root, which in some people can cause permanent, painful and ugly ingrown hairs.
It often helps to moisturize and exfoliate your skin between hair removal sessions. However, if you have a tendency to have ingrown hairs, I think laser hair removal is the perfect solution for you.
b. What wax?
At Eden Skin Clinic, we prefer Lycon Wax, an Australian natural resin that is used with a pre-wax oil to protect the skin. This makes Lycon Waxing ideal for sensitive areas and skin. Many customers tell us that hair removal with Lycon is virtually painless and the best wax they have ever tried. The wax is suitable for almost all areas of the body and is popular with our male clients for the back and chest.
c. Professional tips on waxing
- If you’ve never used Lycon wax, try it. You will quickly discover what is missing.
- Make sure the hair is not too long as it can make the skin more uncomfortable.
- Regular epilation sessions will make your hair come out easier and less painful.
- Do not mix shaving and waxing. It’s not worth it. Shaving dulls your hair and irritates your skin, which means that your next epilation session will be more painful.
- Always use aloe vera after epilation to cool the area and moisturize your skin.
- After waxing, avoid heat treatments and tight clothing for 24 hours, as this can rub and irritate your skin.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week to remove dead skin cells and raise potential hair growth.
- Moisturize daily. When your skin is soft, the hair grows back with less irritation.