A. Everything to Know About Laser Hair Removal On The Face
1. Brief information
- Facial laser hair removal uses laser light technology that illuminates hair follicles to stop hair growth.
- It is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure performed in the office.
- Laser hair removal is widely considered to be a safe procedure.
- Side effects can include redness or swelling and, rarely, burning, blisters or infection.
- The laser equipment is FDA approved.
- Laser hair removal does not require any downtime. The process itself is fast and takes less than 30 minutes for the face.
- It should only be done by a highly qualified doctor or esthetician.
- Laser hair removal typically costs $ 200 to $ 400 per session. They require 4 to 6 sessions and an annual maintenance appointment.
- When done correctly, laser hair removal permanently removes hair from the face.
- A 2003 patient satisfaction survey from a trusted source showed that the majority of patients (71 percent) are satisfied with treatment.
2. What is facial laser hair removal?
Laser facial hair removal is a non-invasive medical procedure that uses a beam of light (a laser) to remove facial hair. It can also be done on other parts of the body, such as the armpits, legs or bikini area, but on the face it is mainly used around the mouth, chin or cheeks.
There was a time when laser hair removal worked best on people with dark hair and fair skin. Thanks to advances in laser technology, it is now a convenient procedure for anyone who has unwanted hair that they want to remove. It is a very common practice. Data from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery showed that laser hair removal was among the top 5 non-surgical procedures in the United States in 2016.
3. What is the cost of laser hair removal on the face?
A laser hair removal session usually costs between $ 200 and $ 400. You will probably need at least 4 to 6 sessions about a month apart. Since laser hair removal is an elective cosmetic procedure, it is not covered, but you should be able to get back to work immediately.
4. How does laser hair removal on the face work?
Laser hair removal sends light to the hair follicle by means of a laser that is absorbed by the pigment or melanin in the hair. That’s why it originally works best on people with darker hair. When light is absorbed by the pigment, it is converted to heat, which actually damages the follicle.
After the laser damages the hair follicle, the hair evaporates and a full round of treatment then the hair stops growing again. Laser hair removal can help prevent ingrown hairs and save time when shaving or epilating.
5. Procedure for laser hair removal on the face
Before you begin laser hair removal, your face will be thoroughly cleaned and an anesthetic gel can be applied to the area to be treated. You will receive safety glasses and your hair will likely be covered. The doctor will point the laser at the indicated area. Most patients say that the sensation is that of an elastic band cracking on the skin or of a sunburn. You can smell burning hair.
Because the face area is smaller than other parts of the body, such as the chest or legs, laser hair removal on the face is usually quite quick, sometimes in just 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Target areas for treatment
Laser hair removal can be done anywhere on the body and is safe for most people. However, it is recommended that pregnant women do not receive any laser treatment, including laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal can be done anywhere on the face, including:
- Upper lip
7. Are there any risks or side effects?
Serious side effects or complications related to laser hair removal on the face are rare. Side effects usually go away on their own and can include:
- Skin irritation
In rare cases, the most serious side effects of laser hair removal include:
- Permanent changes in skin tone or color
8. What can you expect after laser hair removal on your face?
In the days following laser hair removal, you can expect to resume most of your normal activities. However, you should avoid exercise and direct sunlight. Expect to be patient – it may take 2-3 weeks to notice a noticeable difference in hair growth, and it may take several sessions to see the full results. The results should be permanent, although you will likely need an annual maintenance appointment.
a. Before and after photos
Viewing before and after photos of real people who have had laser hair removal on their faces can be helpful in deciding whether it is the right option for you and your body.
b. Preparation for laser hair removal on the face
Your doctor should tell you in advance exactly how to prepare for laser hair removal treatment. However, keep these general guidelines in mind:
- Avoid exposure to the sun in the days before treatment, as laser hair removal does not work well on tanned skin.
- In the week prior to the procedure, avoid using peels or other chemical treatments that may irritate your skin.
- You may be asked to shave or wax the area in advance.
- If possible, go to your appointment with clean skin and no makeup.
- Try to arrive with a low body temperature (ie, do not go to the appointment). If you feel warm at first, the laser may be more uncomfortable.
- Avoid aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs or herbal remedies that can increase bleeding.
- Reschedule your appointment if you have cold sores or any other open cut on your face.
9. How to find a provider
In some states, laser hair removal can only be done by a doctor, including a dermatologist, nurse or medical assistant. Other states allow you to see a well-trained esthetician for the procedure, although the American Academy of Dermatology Association recommends consulting a doctor.
B. How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
After your sessions are over, the hair in the area stops growing. The laser removes the hair root so that it does not grow back. That means you won’t have to shave or shave for the rest of your life!
1. But how much does each session cost?
Well, the prices of laser hair removal vary widely between different clinics. If you want to know how much to prepare, read on to find out how much this procedure will cost.
2. Average prices for laser hair removal
- According to 2016 data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, laser hair removal costs an average of $ 306 per session. However, don’t expect the same price or a similar price when going to the nearest clinic.
- The price still depends on the clinic and the area where you want to shave. In general, treatment with LHR is cheaper in small areas than in larger areas, such as the legs.
- For example, you can get a $ 60 upper lip or chin procedure, but it can cost up to $ 300. Underarm laser treatment costs an average of $ 150. This is also the average cost for other small areas, such as line bikini, chest and stomach.
- This is a low price, considering that other doctors in these areas charge from $ 250 to $ 450.
- Legs and arms are priced higher, and clinics split that in half. Half-arm or half-leg treatments have a low average price of $ 250 and a high average price of $ 650.
- You can also get a laser hair removal procedure for the face or buttocks with average prices ranging from $ 250 to $ 650. The entire back, the largest area, is the most expensive, averaging $ 300 to $ 800.
Please note that these prices for laser hair removal are per session. The treatment takes 6 to 10 sessions to work, so the costs increase over time.
3. Factors that determine the price of laser hair removal
The area is not the only factor driving the price of laser hair removal. You also have the type of laser, the clinic and the doctor who will perform the procedure.
a. The clinic and its equipment
LHR is a popular method. You can see this at your friendly neighborhood clinic for generous prices. So, if you go to a sophisticated clinic, you will probably be shocked by the much higher prices for laser hair removal. The location and quality of the facilities are evident factors. But also the equipment and the specialist knowledge of the doctor. There are different types of laser hair removal, and the cost of one type of machine can be higher than that of the other.
The state-of-the-art clinic can afford the latest equipment that allows for a quick and painless procedure. However, don’t ignore the cheaper option, as it may work well for you too. In addition, each type of machine uses a different process. The dermatologist must be aware of how it works to prevent accidents such as burns.
b. Your skin and hair tone
The tone of your skin and hair play an important role in choosing the type of laser hair removal that is right for you. For example, there is a system that works best on people with lighter skin and darker hair. Sometimes, this does not work on darker or tanned skin. However, there are also types of lasers suitable for all skin colors. The downside is that it can be more painful or require more sessions.
In other words, your skin tone will determine which type of system is best for you. Therefore, the price also changes depending on the machine the clinic is using for you. Here at our clinic, we have the latest laser technology with an FDA-approved melanin reader to ensure you are getting the right treatment for you. The Vectus (R) laser also has a cooling system that you are comfortable with. A consistent beam profile will keep each session short to get you on your way.
c. Financing options for hair removal
Unfortunately, your insurer cannot pay for your treatments. Even so, we always try to offer our customers multiple options. This can make laser hair removal prices easier on the wallet. As mentioned above, you will not see all of the effects of LHR until you are done with the sessions. This allows many clinics to offer a package that offers a lower price per session. You only need to buy several sessions at the same time.
4. Why laser hair removal?
The initial prices of laser hair removal can seem daunting. So, why buy in the first place when all you can do is shave or shave?
a. It’s cheaper in the long run
A razor blade is inexpensive and can be used for weeks. A waxing session costs more, but it is still cheaper than average laser hair removal prices. However, they are temporary and you will need to shave and shave from time to time. Laser hair treatment, on the other hand, leads to you being permanently hairless. Did you know that, throughout your life, you will spend less on LHR treatments than on waxing sessions?
Waxing the bikini line costs an average of US $ 35 per session. If you started every three months at 21 and stopped at 55, you would have spent $ 4,900 in your life. If you can get an LHR procedure for $ 150 per session in the same area, you are only spending $ 1,500 when you do 10 sessions. You will spend less when you don’t need so many treatments. This means that you will save at least $ 3,400. Even if you choose the most expensive laser session, you will still save more.
b. This saves your time
Laser hair treatments are accurate and fast. You do not need to stay long in your clinic for each session. You will also have less hair and thinner each time you go. When you are finished with your sessions, you no longer need to shave each morning or before each meeting. You are ready to wear a bikini anytime, anywhere.
c. You don’t have to deal with ingrown hairs
Shaving, shaving, shaving and other temporary hair removal procedures can leave your skin red and irritated. You are also familiar with the disgusting ingrown hairs that result from these methods. Since laser hair removal targets the follicles and causes hair to disappear, you can expect ingrown hairs to disappear as well. The treatment also removes inflammation, swelling and discoloration.
d. You will be hairless all year
After the sessions are over, you can wear short shorts all year round, if you wish. This means that you don’t have to wear pants to hide the hair that grows before it grows long enough to grow. It also means that you don’t have to resort to shaving just because you don’t want to wait for it to grow.
e. There are minimal side effects
You can expect mild redness and discomfort in the treated area for up to a few days after the procedure. The side effect is similar to sunburn. Moisturizers and cold compresses assist in the healing process. However, this is all you will experience, unlike other hair removal options. You don’t have to worry about cuts, ingrown hairs, bleeding and even infections. As long as you are in the hands of a doctor trained in Skin Deep Laser MD, you are safe.
5. Preparation and what to expect
Depending on the clinic, you may need to shave before treatment. Please contact us first so that we can advise you on what to do before the procedure. We do not recommend plucking and shaving up to six weeks before laser hair removal. These methods remove the hair follicles targeted by the laser. Avoid other methods that do the same thing.
Also, be aware that you may experience stitches and discomfort during the procedure. Make sure our system will minimize pain. We do our best to make you feel comfortable throughout the process. Always use sunscreen after each session and avoid the sun to avoid discoloration. This also avoids uneven toning and sunburn.
6. Visit our clinic in Texas
Do you want a safe and effective laser hair treatment? Do you want to know more about laser hair removal prices and how the surgery works? Visit us and discuss the best solution to remove your unwanted hair. With the high prices of laser hair removal, we make every session worth every visit and every penny out of your pocket.