A. 8 Things I Didn’t Know About Laser Hair Removal | By Rebecca West
Okay, maybe I don’t have a full beard (yet), but like many of you, I haven’t been spared unwanted hair, except for the hair on my head now. Motherhood so kindly stole it and spread it to other areas of my body.
Although it is a little embarrassing, I know that I am not alone in the constant struggle to remove unwanted hair with as little effort, pain and money as possible. When Maureen Stewart – owner of Spa 654 Club – suggested trying laser hair removal, I took the opportunity to finally free my forearms from her eternal 5-hour shadow! To my surprise, it was basically painless, it only takes six (ish) 5-minute sessions to run out of underarm hair and is very affordable! Now you can have hairless underarms at the Spa 654 Club for just $ 199.00 (6 treatments) – yes, that’s right!
I am not a laser hair removal specialist, but my great laser hair removal specialist, Jade Fearnley, gave me an overview of the process. If you dream of having a hairless body with all the tweezers, epilation and waxing, these questions and answers will help you decide if laser hair removal is right for you.
1. So, here’s the shovel to remove the hair … here, there and everywhere
- Does laser hair removal work on all hair colors? Unfortunately not. It only works on dark hair, as the laser is attracted by the dark pigment.
- Do you need to shave before treatments? Yes, you do! The hair should be level with the skin surface to obtain the best results.
- Does laser hair removal hurt more than waxing? No way! Depending on the machine, technology and pain tolerance, the laser can be painless and just develop a feeling of warmth.
- What is the distance between treatments? There will be 4 weeks between treatments to ensure that the hair is in the correct growth phase. You cannot skip treatments, so following the schedule is very important.
- How soon will you see the results? You can see the benefits in 7 to 14 days after the first treatment.
- How does your skin look after treatment? You may feel a little warmth and tingling in the treated area. This can take up to 24 hours, but it usually goes away minutes or hours after treatment.
- How many treatments before the hair disappears? Depending on the region, up to 9-12 treatments can usually be performed.
- Is it expensive? You can get some great deals, like what The Spa 654 Club is doing now! Check it out HERE! Always look for a place with a good reputation, or better yet, a personal reference from someone you trust like me!
B. It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere
“It’s five o’clock somewhere!” We have all heard it and have probably said it a few times. We say this to justify the fact that we can enjoy an adult drink despite the time of day. In fact, we may have happily sung Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet’s song about it. If you tell yourself it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, don’t worry about your 5 o’clock shadow! At Alazzo Med Spa, we will help you get rid of the 5 o’clock shadow by laser hair removal. So if it’s 5 am somewhere, you can be having fun and not being confident.
1. What is a 5 hour shadow?
5 o’clock shadows appear on the dark beard that remains under the skin after you shave. When shaving, you only remove hair from the skin’s surface. The pigment in the hair appears to appear, although it is underneath. Although these dark areas are more problematic for women with facial hair, they can also be problematic for men. Many men shape their beards and look dark as they shave, which can be frustrating because it can look “sloppy”. Whether you are a man, a woman who wants to get rid of your 5 o’clock shadow, we can help you with laser hair removal!
2. Is laser hair removal for you?
This is one of the most popular services that women use and the most popular service for men. Women shave so often that it takes less time to remove unwanted hair. Laser hair removal for men is so popular because of the razor burn, ingrown hairs and the hairline that grows faster than the haircut! In addition, men save a lot of time by shaving their backs or breasts.
Outside of the convenience factor, laser hair removal is an excellent option for different skin tones and hair types. At Alazzo Med Spa, we use two different lasers and three different wavelengths so that we can adapt to you and your specific hair texture and skin tone. During your free consultation, an expert consultant will discuss your options and recommend a suitable laser for you.
3. Is laser hair removal effective?
Yes, laser hair removal dramatically reduces hair growth, so in most cases, there is no need to shave. In addition to being able to use it to remove the 5 o’clock shadow, you can do it anywhere on the body. It can also cover large areas, such as legs and back.
4. Fellas: did you know?
Is laser hair removal ideal for sculpting facial hair? Because it is so effective in thinning hair, it can be perfect for areas that need to be trimmed constantly. It is possible to clean the neck, another common area for ingrown hairs, uncomfortable hair around the beard and mustache and even on the top of the cheeks.
If you are interested in learning more about laser hair removal, we recommend contacting the most experienced laser hair removal provider in Maryland. You will love what you find. Superior results at modest prices in a relaxed atmosphere.
C. Does Laser Hair Removal Get Rid Of Shadow?
1. Does laser hair removal remove shadows from the beard?
While some men opt for laser hair removal only on the neck, others choose to treat their entire beard. The treatment removes not only the hairs above the skin, but also under the skin. There will be no more dark hair under the skin’s surface to create a five-hour shadow.
2. Does laser hair removal work forever?
Although laser hair removal does not remove hair forever (only electrolysis is approved by the FDA for permanent hair removal), it dramatically reduces hair growth – to the point where you can stop shaving altogether. You can do this anywhere on the body and the machine can cover large areas quickly.
3. What also happens if I stop laser hair removal?
If you stop laser hair removal after two sessions, your hair will no longer grow because the removed hair has disappeared permanently. If it was done in sections (as can be done in large areas such as the back), then obviously you have an area without hair and the untreated area will still grow hair.