A. Coconut Oil And Nail Fungus
Coconut oil and all the wonderful things it can do for the human body are on everyone’s lips. But there is a secret benefit you may not know about this everyday item. Coconut oil can not only cure nail fungus due to its antioxidant properties, it is also great for strengthening the body’s immune system. Another benefit of using coconut oil for the mushroom is that it is convenient to use at home. Treating a fungus is a cumulative process. If you wait now, it will be harder to heal later. Unfortunately, many of us wait to cure this problem until it’s too late and the infection becomes serious.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can use coconut oil to eradicate a fungal nail infection. Also, we’ll give you some ideas on what to mix with coconut oil to make it stronger.
1. How to use coconut oil on fungal nails
Using coconut oil is as easy as using other natural anti-fungal treatments. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to properly apply coconut oil to your toenails for maximum effectiveness. Start by washing your feet with soap and water and drying them. Take a small amount of coconut oil and massage the nail and cuticle with your hands. Do this twice a day.
2. Consumption of coconut oil for nail fungus
Coconut oil can be applied topically to the nails, but it can also be taken internally for other fantastic health benefits. Coconut oil is made from coconut milk and has a wide range of health benefits for those who consume it. But why has coconut oil become so popular and gained a reputation as a great health food? Well, for one thing, it’s rich in healthy saturated fats which contain vital fatty acids like lauric acid, linoleic acid and caprylic acid.
Here are some of the health benefits of these fatty acids:
- When lauric acids are digested by the body, a substance called monolaurin is created. Both lauric acid and monolaurin can help kill pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- These substances can kill bacteria such as Candida albicans yeast, a common source of yeast infections in humans.
- Both consumption and use of coconut oil can benefit your health as it increases the likelihood of successfully getting rid of the fungus.
- Coconut oil has been used as a natural remedy for skin and health problems for years, but you may be wondering what is a high quality coconut oil?
3. How to choose the right coconut oil
As coconut oil grew in popularity, more and more companies saw the opportunity and tried to capitalize on it. The result is that there is a wide variety of coconut oils to choose from. But one thing you should know is that not all coconut oil is the same. There are important properties to note when purchasing coconut oil.
You should note the following properties of coconut oil:
- Cold pressed
- 100% purity
Organic products have been shown to have more health benefits than their non-organic equivalents. Another benefit of unrefined, cold-pressed coconut oil is that the product contains a greater amount of antioxidants. That’s because when coconut oil goes through a refining process or is heated, it loses a lot of its power and nutrients.
Finally, the quest for 100% purity is the most obvious. This is important to ensure you are getting 100% coconut oil without other fillers/substances that could compromise the health benefits of coconut oil. A popular brand of coconut oil that meets these criteria is the island’s fresh top virgin organic coconut oil. This coconut oil is organic, native, cold pressed and supports nails, hair and skin. Plus, it comes in a 54 oz pack, which makes for about 130 servings, which is much larger when compared to other brands of coconut oil.
B. Coconut Oil For Toenail Fungus: How Effective It Really?
Yes, because this plant has numerous wonderful properties that will have beneficial effects on your body. One of the things that is rarely mentioned is how coconut oil can affect toenail fungus.
1. Coconut oil against toenail fungus
If you’ve had any experience with toenail fungus, you probably know how complicated this condition is. You can use medication for this, but unfortunately most products have very strong side effects. Because of this, people are turning to alternative drugs like coconut oil. In this specific case, coconut oil affects nail fungus due to its antioxidant properties. It also has a big impact on your immunity and general well-being, which is another benefit. We also have to mention that this natural oil is great because you can use it at home. You don’t need to expose yourself to doctors!
2. How do you apply coconut oil to infected nails?
Using coconut oil for nail fungus is quite simple. You don’t have to worry about it or ask other people for help. The only problem is that the treatment can take a while. However, this is much better than risking your health on volatile drugs!
a. How to apply
- First, make sure your feet and hands are clean. You need to dry them properly afterwards.
- Apply coconut oil to your hands. But don’t overdo it. This oil is usually sold in solid form, so you will need to wrap it in your hands to warm it up.
- Start by applying the oil. Make sure it hits under your nails too
- Leave for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- You can combine the oil with some other natural solutions like tea tree oil
As you can see, it’s pretty easy. The only thing to keep in mind is that coconut oil therapy takes a while, so you need to be very disciplined. Do this regularly and you will resolve the issue relatively quickly.
3. How to choose the right coconut oil
Today, companies are doing what they can to increase profits by diluting the oil and adding various substances that shouldn’t be there. This makes things a little more difficult for people who are inexperienced with the product. Therefore, you need to be very careful in your purchase decision. As the treatment can take a while, the last thing you need to do is screw it up. That would force you to do everything from scratch.
Here are the four main characteristics of high quality coconut oil:
- 100% pure
- Cold pressed
You don’t have to be a genius to realize the importance of organic coconut oil. You also need to be on the lookout for cold pressed and unrefined properties as they have better antioxidants essential for the process. Often, companies mess with their coconut oil a little too much, resulting in a less-than-necessary product. Ideally, you would get the product directly from nature, but we know it’s impossible. It is also important that a product is 100% pure. This way, no additives will be included. Although some additives are harmless and don’t affect the chemical composition much, some of them completely destroy them.
4. Coconut Oil Consumption
Here’s an interesting thing most people don’t know: Coconut oil can also produce amazing results when ingested! It basically offers the same health properties no matter how you take it. Of course, when it comes to treating nail fungus, it is most effective when applied to the fungus itself. However, you can speed up treatment by taking it too. In fact, many people use this amazing product as a dietary supplement. That alone says how powerful it is.
Coconut is rich in saturated fats, including caprylic acid, linoleic acid and lauric acid. They can help you in a number of ways. For example, when ingested, lauric acid produces monolaurin, which is excellent for killing many pathogens (such as fungi). Even if you are not affected by yeast infections, many health experts recommend taking this product. Coconut oil has been used for many health problems for a long time, and it’s time to start using it more widely!
5. How can you increase the product’s effectiveness?
As mentioned earlier, you can combine it with various other substances and thus speed up the recovery process. Coconut oil is completely harmless and does not react negatively when mixed with other substances.
Here are the top 3 of our suggestions:
- Create an antifungal footbath by combining different healthy products. For example, as mentioned earlier, tea tree oil is another excellent natural solution to this problem. Mix tea tree oil with water and put your feet in it.
- After soaking for 10 to 15 minutes, dry your feet and apply coconut oil
- Vinegar can also help. It’s one of the oldest natural remedies we have, but for some reason people stopped using it. Apple cider vinegar can be used to wet your feet or applied directly. Its uses are similar to tea tree oil.
- You can also use different essential oils. Again, you would need to take a foot bath. Remember that most essential oils are strong, so all you have to do is add a few drops of water and you have your mixture.
When you need to treat nail fungus, there are very few natural solutions as good as coconut oil. Try any of these treatments and we are sure you will get great results!
C. 5 Amazing Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Toenail Fungus
Did you know that nail fungus affects 3 to 12% of the US population and that these fungal infections are really hard to eliminate? After getting the infection, it can take months to recover as toenails grow very slowly. Also, the infection may not be identifiable at the initial stage as it is gradual. Still, the most convenient and easiest way to detect nail fungus is when the nail becomes brittle or changes color.
General precautions include maintaining good hygiene, but some home remedies will help you stay one step ahead before illness strikes. One of the proven ways to prevent toenail fungus is to use comprehensive coconut oil. It is a natural antifungal that works wonders to prevent and cure disease. Let’s take a look at all the ways to use coconut oil for nail fungus!
1. Moisturizing method
The first sign of nail fungus is that they turn yellow or discolored the color of the nail. It can also be checked if your nails are often dry or brittle. The basic rule is to keep your nails moisturized. To do this, massage some coconut oil into your nails in a circular motion every night before going to bed.
Second, rub some oil on the cuticles and leave it there for half an hour. This method not only moisturizes your nails and cuticles, it also eliminates hanging nails. If you have a yellowish color to your nails, clean the area thoroughly and gently massage the oil into the affected nail.
2. Preventive method
Again, the first step in fighting a disease is to take steps to prevent it before it happens. Applying coconut oil to your toenails at least three times a week will fortify your toenails against possible illnesses. Massaging your nails regularly will heal cracks in the skin and nails and contain the fungus. Remember that raw coconut oil has been shown to provide the best results for nail health as it is not exposed to heat and therefore retains its natural properties.
3. Bandage method
Maintaining a routine can be difficult, especially when you’re outdoors or at work. It is best to apply the oil directly to the affected area and put on a bandage. You can use the same technique at bedtime so that the oil stays on your nails longer and takes effect.
4. Oil combination method
While coconut oil alone is an amazing way to treat many health problems, it works even better with a combination of oils. Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to coconut oil can greatly increase its effectiveness. Tea tree oil itself is a great way to treat skin infections and allergies. Other oils that have natural healing properties and work best with coconut oil include lavender and thyme oil.
In particular, using coconut oil with oregano can be a great combination for treating fungus growing on toenails. Combining coconut oil with clove oil works best to fight yeast and remove it from toenails. Another combination with coconut oil is Epsom salt, as it can increase the healing powers of the former. In addition, unfiltered apple cider vinegar combined with coconut oil is also beneficial in treating fungal nail infections.
5. Digestion method
Coconut oil is not only good to apply to your toenails, but you can also find its benefits by consuming it. However, remember to use coconut oil suitable for oral consumption to avoid complications.
6. Treatment Precautions
Before using coconut oil for nail fungus, there are a few things to consider. Following these tips will ensure that you are getting the most out of your treatment plan and that you don’t end up with any other health risks.
- It is absolutely essential to wash your feet and nails before starting to use any of the products mentioned. It is also mandatory to wash your hands between each use if you have more than one infected nail. Remember to use antifungal and antibacterial soaps when washing your hands to ensure the infection doesn’t spread to other parts of the body.
- Treatments will not be effective if the toenails are not trimmed beforehand. Trimming the nails as closely as possible can allow the oil to penetrate deeper into the nail bed and fight the fungus.
- When making the combination to treat the fungus, be sure to mix the oils with the correct combination to get the full benefits. A general rule of thumb for creating the right mix is to add more coconut oil than other products. Before deciding on any treatment, it is particularly important to know the exact severity of the damage and whether using a home remedy is the best option. If the fungus has spread to a larger area or can affect multiple nails, it is best to contact a doctor or GP and seek professional advice.
7. Can I use coconut oil for nail fungus?
Yea! Follow the guidelines in this article and you will see that you can use coconut oil for nail fungus and other fungal related problems like ringworm. However, it is important to note that yeast infections take a long time to heal. This is where most people get in trouble! You need to treat your nail fungus with care every day and continue to treat it even after it seems to have disappeared to destroy all the fungus spores and make sure you are free of the fungus!
Using coconut oil is an amazing way to keep your toenails healthy and free from infections and yeast. As a famous saying goes, it’s best to play it safe and that’s why it’s important to prevent any illness before it actually starts. Combining coconut oil with other products can increase the efficiency and cure speed of the former. In the treatment options, choose the one that suits your needs and suitability. Thanks for reading this article on how to use coconut oil for toenail fungus!