A. Top 5 DIY Coconut Oil Hair Masks To Get Healthy Hair and Scalp
If you want your hair to look healthy and shiny all the time, use these natural masks with coconut oil at home. These home remedies will give you the best results and leave you with healthy looking hair.
If you want healthy hair, you don’t necessarily need to treat yourself to expensive hair treatments. Plus, you don’t need to use extravagantly expensive hair care products; you can take advantage of natural ingredients and keep your hair healthy simply by trying simple home remedies. We’re sharing five coconut oil hair masks to use at home to keep your beautiful hair looking healthy. The benefits of coconut oil promote hair growth and scalp health; with regular use, it also eliminates split ends and prevents hair breakage. Add shine, shine and flexibility to your hair with these DIY coconut oil hair masks.
1. Hair mask with coconut oil and honey
Along with the goodness of coconut oil, the use of honey on the scalp helps to retain hair moisture. Honey also adds shine and shine to your hair. To make this coconut oil and honey hair mask, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon natural honey in a bowl and mix well. Apply it well to the scalp and the rest to the hair. You can increase the proportion depending on your hair length. After applying the hair mask, cover your head with a shower cap and rinse the mask gently with warm water after 20 minutes.
2. Hair mask with coconut oil and brown sugar
This hair mask takes care of the health of the scalp, as brown sugar is an amazing natural exfoliant. It gently removes dead skin cells from the scalp and helps hair follicles stay strong. To make this coconut oil and brown sugar hair mask, add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Apply the mask to the scalp and gently massage into the scalp. Leave the hair mask on for about 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
3. Hair mask with coconut oil and banana
Along with the benefits of coconut oil, bananas soften the hair and protect the hair’s natural elasticity to prevent split ends and breakage. To make this banana hair mask with coconut oil, place half a banana and a tablespoon of coconut oil in a blender and mix well. Apply the smooth paste to the scalp and after 20 minutes wash it off with a mild shampoo and towel dry the hair.
4. Coconut Oil and Strawberry Hair Mask
Strawberries are amazing fruits, rich in antioxidant properties. Using it on the scalp will keep it hydrated and control fungal growth. Don’t forget they smell amazing too. To make a strawberry coconut oil hair mask in a bowl, add the pulp of 6 fresh strawberries, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon honey and mix well. Apply this mask evenly to damp hair and scalp. Rinse well with warm water after 15 minutes.
5. Hair mask with coconut oil and aloe vera
If you have multiple hair problems, aloe vera should be your home remedy. The proteolytic enzymes in the aloe vera gel repair the dead skin cells on the scalp. It also works as a great conditioner, leaving your hair smooth and shiny. Promotes hair growth and also reduces dandruff. To make this aloe vera hair mask with coconut oil, mix 1 tablespoon aloe vera and 1 tablespoon coconut oil and apply this gel to the scalp. You can increase the proportion depending on your hair length. Wash with warm water after 30 minutes.
B. How To DIY The Best Coconut Oil Hair Mask
In a perfect world, every day would be a good day for hair. Our hair would look shiny, strong and healthy without a 40-minute hair care routine. Whatever the weather, it would be easy to style; Whatever the season, it stays flexible and hydrated. At the moment, effortless hair is pure fantasy, but the closest we’ve come to overnight salon quality with the power of a coconut oil hair mask.
Coconut oil is the holy grail of hair care: it contains lauric acid, a fatty acid that penetrates the hair shaft to help grow and moisturize dry areas. “I like using coconut oil because it helps my hair look healthier, thicker and longer,” says Richy Kandasamy, colorist and member of the R + Co collective. “Vitamins and fatty acids help nourish the scalp and Penetrate the cuticles.Because coconut oil is very fine, it acts as a lubricant for your follicles and growth system.Coconut oil also smoothes the cuticles at the split ends and controls frizz in wet weather or when you have breaks. ”
In do-it-yourself hair masks – and professional products like leave-ins – coconut oil is an important ingredient for healthy, well-groomed hair. A thirty-minute coconut oil hair mask can restore moisture; One night can protect your hair for weeks. There’s not much price either. You can find the ingredients for a homemade hair mask in most supermarkets.
Don’t be intimidated by the extra grease that “do it yourself” can mean. We have found coconut oil hair masks that use less than five ingredients and can be whipped in a few minutes. Whether you want to promote hair growth, protect against hair breakage or increase shine, the right coconut oil hair mask can restore you to that perfect daytime glow. As Kandasamy says, “Heals while treating and brightening at the same time.”
1. Coconut oil mask for dry hair
A no-frills coconut oil hair mask provides moisture to dry, brittle hair. To make this simple recipe you will need:
- 2 soup spoons. Extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 scoop of soup. Honey
- 1 egg
First, melt the coconut oil on the stove or microwave. Beat the egg in a separate bowl; Then mix the egg with the warm coconut oil. Add honey and beat again until consistent consistency.
Now comes the app. After dividing clean, damp hair into strands, gently massage the hair mask into each strand from root to tip. Make sure each section is evenly covered. Then wrap your hair in a shower cap, t-shirt or towel for 30 minutes.
Finally, rinse the hair mask with water and your favorite shampoo. You may need two or three washes to completely wash off the mask.
2. Coconut oil mask for dark hair
Coconut oil hair masks by themselves are a source of moisture. Add apple cider vinegar and it’s a quick way to get stronger, shinier hair. For this dual benefit hair mask you will need:
- 2 soup spoons. Extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 scoop of soup. Apple vinegar
Heat coconut oil until melted. Then mix in a bowl with apple cider vinegar and mix well. Apply the mask in sections to dry or damp hair, covering each section evenly from root to tip. Leave for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse. Follow with your routine shampoo and conditioner.
3. Coconut oil mask for damaged hair
TLC-thirsty hair requires a slightly different recipe. Instead of mixing several ingredients for a coconut oil hair mask, use two tablespoons of coconut oil alone. After heating the coconut oil, apply it to damp or dry hair as it is. Then wrap it in a towel or shower cap and wear it overnight. (We recommend leaving it on for at least seven hours.) In the morning, rinse off the mask with your favorite shampoo and let it dry.
Another way to use coconut oil soil? Take your mask with you on the street. “I always apply coconut oil to my tips before I swim or go into the ocean,” notes Amanda Lee, the Mane Addicts hairdresser celebrity. “Not only does it protect my hair from chlorine, it also works as a hot oil treatment when you’re out in the sun! I actually buy the coconut oil sachets at Trader Joe’s and throw them in my suitcase when I travel.”
C. The Benefits Of A Coconut Oil Hair Mask and How To Make One
Coconut oil is known for its many health benefits, including better brain function, better cholesterol levels and more. It is also often used as a moisturizer and skin makeup remover. Due to its unique chemical structure, coconut oil can also benefit your hair. And one of the best ways to condition your hair with coconut oil is by using a hair mask. Here is a look at the benefits of using a coconut oil hair mask. If you’re interested in some easy coconut oil hair mask recipes, we have those for you too.
1. How Can Coconut Oil Hair Mask Help Your Hair?
Between chemical treatments, thermal styling and environmental exposure, your hair can become brittle and damaged over time. Fortunately, there are ways to protect your hair, and research has shown that coconut oil may have certain properties that can keep your hair healthy. Just as a face mask can help improve the overall health and appearance of your skin, a coconut oil hair mask can help improve the condition of your hair.
What are the benefits of a coconut oil hair mask? Research shows it can help:
- Reduce protein loss. Hair is a protein and is made up of three layers. Dyeing, drying, styling, and other treatments can cause you to lose some of the proteins that make up the hair’s cortex, the thickest layer of hair.
- A 2017 study review confirmed that coconut oil reduced protein loss when used as a pre- and post-wash care product.
- Penetrate the hair shaft. Coconut oil has a low molecular weight. Trusted source. This allows the oil to be more easily absorbed by the hair shaft compared to other types of oil.
- Replenish moisture. As coconut oil penetrates better into the hair shaft, it can also help protect the hair from drying out.
2. Is it better for a certain hair type?
Most hair types can benefit from more moisture and less protein loss. However, a hair mask made with coconut oil can be especially beneficial if your hair tends to:
- Prone to break
Moisturizing curls can be tricky because natural oils don’t easily migrate down the hair shaft.
3. How do I create a hair mask with coconut oil?
You can make a simple coconut oil hair mask with just 2 tablespoons (tablespoons) of melted coconut oil. For best results, try using unrefined organic coconut oil.
Protect your clothes from oil by wrapping a towel around your neck. You can also apply the mask in the shower.
- First, moisten your hair with a spray.
- Then apply warm (not hot) coconut oil evenly to damp hair. You can separate the hair to apply coconut oil in manageable sections. This can help cover all your hair. Use hairpins to keep saturated strands away from your face and eyes.
- Apply more coconut oil to the driest parts of the hair, usually the tips, and less to the healthier parts of the hair, usually near the scalp.
- After covering all the hair, put a shower cap on your head.
- Leave the mask on for 1 to 2 hours. Some people like to leave the mask on their hair overnight for deeper conditioning.
- Rinse with warm water and shampoo and treat as usual.
4. Revenue variations
In addition to the basic recipe, you can also use the following variations:
a. Hair mask with coconut oil and honey
- 1 scoop of soup. Organic raw honey
- 1 scoop of soup. Organic coconut oil
- Put coconut oil and honey in a pan. Heat the mixture over low heat until smooth. Stir to combine oil and honey.
- Allow the coconut oil and honey mixture to cool until warm. Wet your hair with a spray bottle and apply the mixture as you will, following the instructions above for the standard recipe.
- Leave the mask on for 40 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Then shampoo and conditioner as usual.
b. Hair mask with coconut oil and egg
- 2 soup spoons. Organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg (shake)
- Place the melted coconut oil and beaten egg in a bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Wet hair with a spray bottle, then apply coconut oil and egg mixture evenly to damp hair. Follow the instructions for the standard recipe above.
- Leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Wash and care normally.
5. Other Ways to Use Coconut Oil on Hair
a. Coconut oil can also benefit your hair in other ways.
- Eczema relief. A 2013 study found that coconut oil was effective in children with eczema. The oil probably penetrated the top layer of the skin and acted as a barrier to prevent inflammation. If you have eczema on your scalp, coconut oil can help relieve some of the symptoms.
- Possible relief from dandruff. The antimicrobial, antifungal and moisturizing properties of the oil can help reduce the symptoms of dandruff.
- Reduced hair breakage. Because coconut oil can penetrate the hair shaft and have the ability to add moisture, it can reduce the chance of hair breakage caused by friction.
- Lice protection. In a 2010 study, researchers concluded that a combination of coconut oil and fennel spray can work as an alternative treatment for head lice. When 100 participants with active lice used this combination, the spray and coconut oil mixture was found to be more effective than using the permethrin lotion. Coconut oil has been used to protect against head lice in the past, but essential oils or other active ingredients are often added to it.
6. The end result
Because of its ability to hydrate and nourish hair and prevent protein loss, coconut oil is a great ingredient if you are looking for a natural remedy for dry, brittle and damaged hair. One of the best ways to care for hair with coconut oil is to make and apply a hair mask. You can easily make one using basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Even if your hair is not damaged, a coconut oil hair mask will likely improve the condition and overall health of your hair and scalp.